December 8th only, all items 50% off! No interest until 2010!

December 23, 2008 | |

One thing I can't get over is how disgusting the Christmas season has become. The birth of Jesus isn't even necessary for the holiday anymore; you could name December 25th President's day and people would carry on in their mindless, addicted ways. I spent last Christmas in Mexico and the one thing that surprised me was how understated it all was. On Christmas eve everyone was saying "Feliz Navidad!", and then Christmas day came, and it could have been any other day, and by dinner time all the shops were opened. Christmas was treated like every other important day in the church: no shops advertize Immaculate Conception sales! I just want "the holiday season" (could you find a more clinical name!) to be done with so I can concentrate on Jesus. The Advent painting of the day helped.

"Adoration of the Child" -Antonio Allegri da Correggio

0 comments: