JESUS!

December 18, 2008 | |

I go to the best high school ever. Maybe the best educational institution ever. I'll hold judgment until I spend a few years in college. But nobody likes admitting their ignorant of the future, even though it's the most ridiculous thing to be confident of, so maybe I will claim it's the best educational institution ever. But that's why I wonder: how confident was God that Jesus would be taken care of on Earth. Of course God knew, but would Jesus be fully human if his life wasn't subjected to the mundainity of human existance? See, this all started when my amazing, stupendous, I want to grow up to be like him headmaster (I LOVE having a headmaster!) said that Jesus' coming (Christmas, however odd that is to our modern minds) was a great act of humility. And of course it doesn't take much in the way of a spiritual life to realize that Jesus came down and died for people that hated him. You'd be the nicest person in the world if you lived like that. It might only take a day to understand when people love you so much they do stuff you hate, but when people you hate do stuff you hate you have to try to be like Jesus, which takes a lifetime. And some people never do it. I digress. So Jesus' coming was an act of humility in a different way, because he made himself vulnerable. Jesus scraped his knee (and bled real, red, juicy, gushing blood, not ambrosia) and other boys picked on him! And he was TEMPTED. So you can either say that this is proof God is rediculous and organized religion is foolish, and that is (it pains me to say this) a fair read of this story. But as Aristotle (I think?) said "it behooves the learner to believe", and as Augustine says over and over (paraphrased) "you can't get to God if your proud", so for all the humble, believing souls out there: JESUS LOVED YOU SO MUCH THAT HE SCRAPED HIS KNEE FOR YOU.

GOD IS GOOD! GOD IS GREAT! GOD IS EXCELLENT!

It's not nearly as mundane as you might think! It's miraculous. It's complete mystery. It's incredible!

After I spend a few years in college I think I will also stop using excessive capital letters, but hopefully not, because sometimes God is so good to you the least you can do is give him capital letters. It's like giving God the double highfive instead of the one handed variety. It's not fair how good God is to us. God is always watching over you, and if you want to do something stupid, he's there to stop you! I wish I truly loved God and all his little schemes.

1 comments:

Good Thunder said...

Oh but you CAN love him and all his little schemes! He's always waiting for you. Isn't that nice that you can just whisper to him whenever you want? "Jesus, this class is boring... ok ok I'll offer it for souls- WAIT- I'LL OFFER IT FOR SOULS! I LOVE this class- I LOVE this opportunity to love! I LOVE YOU GOD!" It's crazy what happens when you just start talking.

Yea- you do go to the best high school ever.

And yea- don't ever leave the excitement behind the capitals behind even if you leave the capitals behind. Don't let college change you for the worse- become yourself!

I think God being human is one of the most beautiful and enlightening things to remember. People often forget that he did indeed go through the same things as us- he just dealt with them correctly. I think men oftentimes forget women are human. Both feminism and misogyny- and just plain idolization- especially in the "in-love" stage- deny the humanity of women. Women are humans and they wear socks like the rest of us. I love humans- I love Jesus!!