Would you have some decency please!

November 12, 2009 | |

ORA PRO NOBIS, SANCTO AUGUSTINUS HIPPONENSIS!

So last night I showed up to what I thought was going to be a rather innocent residence hall association meeting, only to soon learn that the next activity set for planning is "Sex in the Dark". Initially I figured "can't (and surely don't) people have sex in the dark on their own accord... what do we have to plan this for." I found out soon enough that the idea is to gather in a hall basement, turn off the lights so that nobody can see each other, and ask "experts" (anonymously, read without consequence) questions about sex. I quote experts, because I doubt anything real like this, or even this will come up (by the way, isn't New Advent the best thing since sliced bread? I verified this humorous bit on just that website today).

BEATUS VIR QUI NON ABIIT IN CONSILIO IMPIORUM
ET IN VIA PECCATORUM NON STETIS
IN CATHEDRA DERISORUM NON SEDIT!!
After the meeting I went to get my now-traditional ice cream cone (a tradition that may soon be stopping, due to the weather) when I ran into some people I knew. I have come to quite enjoy eating by myself, because I don't really enjoy the conversations that occur, and, unlike high school, where I suffered the same thing, it is quite possible to live your whole college life talking to nobody, with anybody caring to disrupt that situation. But alas, sometimes you get wrapped into it, and I didn't have the conviction to decline their offers. Once again I was sorely disappointed as one gentleman, and I use that term extremely loosely, went on to discuss his sex life, quoting his girlfriend as saying "well, if we got the parts we mind as well use them". He further dismayed me by "assuring" me that they rolled out of bed and went to mass together the next morning, where the priest, in hopes of preventing the swine flu, promoted a fist bump approach to the sign of peace, right before the sinful couple was going to frivolously receive the Eucharist.
MEMORARE, O PIISIMA VIRGO MARIA!

So, I was pretty well disgusted with it all when, much to my dismay, I walked past the pro-choice club meeting today. Now, I don't mean to disparage their existence, because, while they are misguided and wrong, that doesn't negate their right to have a club, in the same way that it wouldn't be right to deny advocates of another Jewish Holocaust the right to organize (right?). But it was their sign that set me off. I should point out that groups usually don't have signs, much less a larger piece of presentation board with condoms all over it. Now, please tell me, what does the pro-choice movement even stand for now? It used to be, "this poor woman was raped, she should not have to give birth to the resulting kid", which is a tragic circumstance indeed, and it is at least understandable how a misguided person, poorly trained in ethics (and it's difficulties) might have lapsed.

DOMINE DEUS MEUS IN TE SPERAVI
SALVA ME AB OMNIBUS PERSEQUENTIBUS ME
ET LIBERA ME!

But it's just sex all the time now! Sex, sex, sex! Lets have sex without consequence (good or bad I might add)! Lets have sex without cares (for ourselves our the person we "love", if we are even that noble)! Lets have sex for no reason at all! If you got the parts, you mind as well use them, right?

AUDITORIUM NOSTRUM IN NOMINE DOMINI
QUI FECIT CAELUM ET TERRAM!

0 comments: