Welcome

October 23, 2007 | |

I was introduced to the expansive world of Internet blogging through The Bad Plus' blog, Do The Math, and I soon expanded my reading list to include Classical Convert, The Improvising Guitarist, Alex Ross at The Rest is Noise and others. One of the things that first intrigued me about The Bad Plus' blog was their "Information Received" sections, where you could regularly find lists of the books, movies, recordings, concerts, magazines that they were 'receiving'. I wish they would still write those every now and then. Never the less, I thought it would be acceptable to start my blog with a similar section.

Information Received, Oct. 23

Live Gigs:
Tanner Taylor Trio (St. Barnabas Church)

Books:
Gulliver's Travels, Jonathan Swift
Tabboo Tunes: A History of Banned Bands & Censored Songs, Peter Blacha

Recordings:
Happy Apple Back on Top, Happy Apple
Mahler's 2nd Symphony "Resurrection", Utah Symphony Orchestra, Maurice Abravanel
African Symphony - Abdullah Ibrahim




0 comments: